Back in March 2010 I had an article published in the Australian Jeep Action Magazine covering the first half of my journey.
In the May 2012 edition, the conclusion to the story was published, which I’m again really excited about.
Head out and buy a copy if you’d like to see the story in all it’s glory.
Jeep Action Magazine spread
Jeep Action Magazine page 2
Jeep Action Magazine Page 4
8 Comments »
Posted by Dan in Jeep
If you’ve ever wanted a diesel powered Jeep in North America, I ask you to head over to the Jeep Diesel Petition and sign the petition to show your interest.
It’s time the North American market got to experience 406 ft. lbs of torque and 34 mpg.
Checkout the Diesel-powered AEV J8 below. Yup. That’s what we want.
AEV built diesel J8
Don’t forget to sign the petition! – http://JeepDieselPetition.com
5 Comments »
With all the madness involved in my attempts to sell the Jeep I’ve been very remiss in my photo taking duties, so I don’t have a lot to show for the weeks I’ve put in.
Over the last while I…
- Spend almost two weeks in and around El Bolson & Bariloche. Many Argentineans want to buy the Jeep, though the paperwork is never going to happen. There are also a lot of foreigners here, so I wait expectantly for something to turn up.
Los Alerces National Park
- Hike to the top of Cathedral Alta, the ski resort in Bariloche. There is no snow yet, but that doesn’t top me from imagining snowboarding all the different features.
- Drive across to Buenos Aires, where there is a solid buyer on the line. I make around 800km three days in a row, which is too much.
- Hang around BA again, moving from Customs offices to attorneys and back to customs.
- Take a ferry to Uruguay because the buyer doesn’t exactly have a “legal” status in his passport, so we head over and back just to get a new stamp in his passport. From the little I see it feels like a really beautiful, friendly place. Country number 17 for the journey, although without the Jeep, I’m not sure it counts.
Beautiful sunset at the final campsite
Things are very close now.
6 Comments »
A looooong time ago, in a faraway land I spoke to a guy driving a Google Street View Car (the ones with all the cameras on the top). I’ve wondered ever since if they snapped a couple of pics of the Jeep at that gas station, and finally sat down and found them.
Check it! – not only the Jeep, me as well. This might be my favorite photo of the trip yet!
(it’s worth zooming in one step)
View Larger Map
It looks like the Jeep is right on the join between two photos, so it’s kind of blurry. Moving south on the highway there are 3 or 4 more similar snaps, though they are from further away and more blurry.
I know I passed one on an open stretch of highway in Alaska too, but it’s going to take a while to find that one.
5 Comments »