eBook: Overland Travel Essentials: West Africa – Myths, Misconceptions and Misnomers
Coffe Table Photography book out now!
999 Days Around Africa: The Road Chose Me
My new eBook Overland Travel Essentials: West Africa puts many commonly-held myths about Travel in West Africa to rest once and for all, and provides practical and real-world information and advice to successfully traverse the coastline in your own vehicle.
Overland Travel in West Africa became popular in the 80s and 90s with the Camel Trophy and Bamako Rallies. Much of the information available today is still based on conditions at that time, though much has changed in this unique corner of the world. Overlanders continue to make decisions about the West Coast route based on outdated information and myths that are now more than twenty years old!
Whether you ride a bicycle, motorbikes or drive a 4×4 or large truck camper, this guide to West African Overland Travel contains the crucial information you need to make the trip successfully.
Inside 32 commonly-held Myths about West African Overland Travel are debunked in the following categories:
- Vehicles, people, infrastructure, health, route, practical matters, paperwork and legal matters.
To help your plan your own West African Expedition, the following data and information is also included:
- Gasoline (Petrol) and Diesel prices for all 22 West African countries.
- Visa information – where to obtain each Visa and how much they cost for all 22 countries.
- Bribery tips, tricks and advice.
- Real-world tips and practical advice.
- West African Highlights not to be missed.
The information in this eBook is based on my personal Expedition from Morocco to South Africa from mid 2016 to late 2017, combined with the experiences and knowledge of the many Overlanders I bumped into along the way.
Buy the eBook now on Amazon or Apple iBooks