Media Contact

All my gear is stored inside durable Pelican Cases. From $92.96 on Amazon
JPFreek Adventure Magazine
JPFreek Adventure Magazine

Current / Ongoing Media:

JPFreek Summer 2016 628x480

JPFreek Adventure Magazine

• Featured in a #MyJeepStory advertisement by Jeep.

jeep africa 720x273

tread glorious gabon 720x438

• Regular video updates on the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles YouTube Channel by the PR Team

• 60,000 page views per month here on The Road Chose Me

Media Contact

If you would like to contact me for media / partnership / advertising opportunities, please leave a comment below, or send an email to dan[at]theroadchoseme.com

14 Responses

1. Hi Dan
    Thank you for the 2 wonderfull Days in the Nationalpark Penjari. Now we are back home in Togo.
    We Hope, You Corss Nigeria without Problems.
    Walter and Manjo

2. Dave says:

Really enjoy reading your updates, great stuff. Definitely different than life here in Kamloops, BC !

• Dan Grec says:

Thanks Dave!

I gotta say, sometimes I daydream about my brilliant days snowboarding at Silverstar and Big White!
      What a beautiful area you live in.

-Dan

3. Mike says:

Great stuff Dan. So happy you’re living the dream far to many have trouble with life inside the wire, then blink & it’s over.
    We love travel, 3-4 months, but up to 6. Little planning, day to day. Fellow travelers & locals makeit great even on the bad days.
    Never stop.
    Mike & Linda
    PS: my 1st adventures was as a long haul trucker at age 18 in 1963

4. Inge Ekkelboom says:

Dear Dan,

How are you?
    I was wondering how do you make the travelplans in the map ?
    It’s beautiful. :)

Gr Inge

• Dan Grec says:

Hi Inge,

I had a decal shop make the map itself, which is a big sticker. It’s clear, and I just paint the line on with a paint pen.

Last trip I painted the whole map and the line with just a paint pen. I traced the original map from one I printed onto paper. It also worked really well. See it here – Around Ushuaia.

-Dan

5. IONUT PAMPU says:

Hi Dan,

After your African tour we kindly invite you to join us out there on Romania’s trails whenever you want.
    Eastern Europe has much to offer and to explore and plenty of remote areas to wander.
    We follow closely on our forum your great Jeep adventures!

Be well and we wish you health and a safe trip along your Jeep in Africa.

Regards,
    Ionut

Founding member of

• Dan Grec says:

Hi Ionut,

Thank you very much for the warm invite!
      My friend from Germany has been to Romania many times and has said many, many times how spectacular it is.
      I am 100% certain I will explore Romania one day, I really am looking forward to it!

All the best,
      -Dan

6. don says:

Hi Dan,
    I have a question about vehicle choice – i’m planning a long round the world trip overland – what would you chose for two people? looks like the jeep would be pretty tight for two. would love your thoughts.
    cheers
    db

• Dan Grec says:

Hey Don,

There are a million considerations that come into play here, not least of all about personal preference. Think long and hard about if you want interior living space – how long is the trip? How challenging will the weather/bugs/humidity be?
      After years on the road, there is only one thing long-term overlanders want – it’s not a bigger bumper, bigger tires or another winch.
      It’s interior living space!

Good luck, I’d be interested to hear what you come up with.
      -Dan

7. Mr Gert Vermaak says:

Dan nice meeting you at wild camp Zambia with our small troop of kids and again in Malawi. Just read your article in our local SA4x4 magazine. Didn’t know you where a travel super star! Stay safe

8. Hello, I publish the site Westafricandocumentary.com which shows short films about West Africa. The purpose is to present an accurate and positive image of West Africa. The site is like an encyclopedia of 23 pages. Can I put one of your videos on the “Home” page? It’s a page with samples of videos, it’s this page:

You can see how it would look. Please do feel free to contact me at any time.

Alexander Walker
    Los Angeles, CA
    USA

• Dan Grec says:

Hi Alexander,

You may link to my videos on YouTube if you like, but please don’t just upload it to your site.

Thanks very much, let me know if you would like to link to or use any of my photos and articles.

Cheers,