Jeep Build Phase 1 Complete
The Road Chose Me Volume 2 OUT NOW!!
The Road Chose Me Volume 2: Three years and 54,000 miles around Africa
I’m in the middle of an 8,000 mile road trip that comes before the 80,000 mile road trip of my dreams. There are so many modifications I want to make to my Jeep, I’ve split the work into three major phases.
I find a home in Calgary for 6 weeks, with my long-time friends Jamie and Ian. Ian has the best garage known to man, and the skills to back it all up. I can’t count how many times a little prod, or encouragement from Ian saved me a massive amount of work.
I spend many 10 hour days in the garage, slowly chipping away at everything I want to get done on the Jeep:
- Oscar and Reg rescue me from my non-existent welding skills, with Oscar welding in a very modified roll cage.
- I wire in a 7 circuit fuse block from Painless Wiring . From $79.99 on Amazon to wire all my electronics.
- I install a very solid steel
- I install in the entire floor of the Jeep, then cover it with lino for durability.
- I build a false floor and permanently mount a Dometic Cfx-35us Portable Electric Cooler Refrigerator.... From $click on Amazon – I’m like a little kid with excitement when I set it a couple of degrees below freezing and there are little chunks of ice in my water bottles two hours later. I can’t believe how good it is to have a fridge on board.
- Using Plastic Connectors. From $3.72 on Amazon, lightweight Aluminum Tube. From $12.86 on Amazon and plywood, I make cabinets and a bench seat in the back of the Jeep to store all my stuff. The whole setup also converts to a sleeping platform when required.
The reasoning and rationale for everything I’ve done, and will do, is now online in the new edition of JPFreek Magazine check it out to understand my madness.
Huge thanks to my Calgary family: Melissa, Reg, Jamie, Ian, Oscar and the whole crew. The saying “I couldn’t have done it without you” has never been more true.
P.S. Checkout my spread in JPFreek Magazine!